However I went off to see my friend and thought you'd like to see the recycling system here in Hangzhou. This laden cart is pulled by a guy who collects plastic bottles and cardboard and paper etc and trundles it all throuh the streets and sells it to some big operation somewhere in town I have not yet found out where but with 8 million people around it's not likely I'll find it before we leave as we do not live in the industrial area although from my window I wonder sometimes.
And finally I saw this little tot with her dad as I was waiting to cross the street. Look on her arms she has little protective sleeves over her coat to keep her clean and on her feet even out in the street she has on her warm slippers.
Stange as it may seem even grown ups wear their slippers outside and some even their 'puffies' (the name I have given to an outfit that looks like padded pyjamas made from pyjama type patterns and material) but they wear them to the shops or to go for a walk. Still seems odd to me. My friend Yu Ling has one and she entertained us in it the other evening but she said she doesn't wear hers outside just at home for relaxing in, but obviously some people do. Guess they must be cozy and warm. I'm thinking of starting a trend when I get home.....maybe for the Friday walk!
No comments:
Post a Comment