Sorry but we cannot see our own blog and some days, like today, I spend a great deal of time like more than half an hour trying to determine what to do because it all comes up in Chinese. When we try to view our blog it just times out so you will have to bear with us if we repeat ourselves or the grammar and spelling offend your educational sensibilities.
As you see we are still here and settling in somewhat. Administration still drives us to distraction as so much of it does not make sense to us but eventually if you relax and let them follow the routines they 'have to' it all seems to get done.
First I will try to just load some pictures that I think I mentioned previously. i planned to put them in the right place but this is just too frustrating given my difficulty with the internet here. So...
I cannot see which order and where these are but one is a picture of the lovely water spraying truck that speeds up and down the dusty roadways playing Happy Birthday or Greensleeves or other loud European or North American songs. I love it to bits. It sounds so cheerful.
Two of them are from the local cake shop showing you their sickly concoctions and the beautiful hatboxes into which they place them for you to carry them home. i might have to buy one just to get the box!
The last one is the traffic lights that we think are so wonderful, telling you exactly how many seconds you have left before you can go to the left, right or straight. They are wonderfully sequenced and pretty accurate so you can time your crossing to the second!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment